Disempowered: the universal human experience of feeling deflated or defeated
We didn't want it to happen, but it happened anyway. Through our own doing or dumb luck, we are having an experience that we don't want and there's nothing we can do about it...or is there?
Let's face it - we all want to feel continuously good, but life has a way of undermining us. No matter how hard we try, toes get stubbed, we burn our mouths on hot beverages, our partners disappoint us, we get stupid haircuts, and our digestion betrays us. Our default response to these experiences is resistance.
Here are the ways that we commonly resist feeling disempowered:
- criticize ourselves
- blame others
- keep it hidden
- pretend we are unflustered
- distract ourselves
- use it as proof of our unworthiness
But... what if we could stop resisting feeling disempowered and learn to expect it, accept it and feel amused by it? Feeling disempowered is an inevitable part of the human experience and the sooner we recognize this, the less we will suffer. Acknowledging and sharing our disempowerment reveals the vulnerable nature that we all share, which builds empathy and connection. The world needs more of this.
- A virtual repository of the disowned experiences that can actually serve to connect us
- A framework to transform our relationship to ourselves and to help us embrace our limitations
- A place to learn how to laugh at ourselves and feel a sense of community around the inevitable foibles of being human
Disempowered.com: bringing levity and acceptance to the inevitable
Join the revolution! Read the Blog